ST. PETERSBURG, Fla., Oct. 11, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Community Bank & Company announced today that it is offering relief from unbelievable $5 per month fees charged by several of its national competitors. Effective today every new customer that opens a Value Checking account with direct deposit will get PAID $5 per month for an entire year.
"We needed to do something to help consumers who are under attack from behemoth national banks charging fees that just don't make sense," said President Katie Pemble, adding "people have a choice of where to bank and at Community Bank we thought paying people $5 per month rather than charging them $5 per month was a good way to set us apart."
Rita Lowman, the Bank's retail banking executive said, "We have a great team of associates who have welcomed hundreds of new customers this year to Community Bank. We make moving your money easy. What we do is different, we focus on the client, their banking needs and how we can help them achieve their dreams."
About Community Bank:
Community Bank is a local, independent bank that serves thousands of sophisticated savers and borrowers across Tampa Bayfrom 17 locations in Pinellas, Hillsborough, Manatee, Charlotte and Pasco counties and online atwww.communitybanknow.com. Community Bank is a leader in checking, savings and money markets, residential mortgages, business loans, SBA loan programs, and association and treasury services.
Community Bank services include:
- Full Service Checking, Savings and Money Market depository products for consumers and businesses
- Residential mortgages, from "30 years fixed" to "jumbo" products all with fast local decision making
- Business and commercial real estate loans of up to $15 million to help local businesses grow
- Small Business Administration loans of up to $5 million – Community Bank is a Preferred Lender and is consistently ranked as one of the region's top SBA lenders
- Association and Treasury Services – providing lock‐box services to condominiums, doctors and other businesses who need to carefully track their accounts receivable
SOURCE Community Bank