Wednesday, May 23, 2012

You can Unlock that Front Door, or Car Door, or Office Door, or Hotel Room Door with NFC

ePaymentNews        2 new results for "Near Field Communications"
Click! You can unlock that front door by text or NFC
GigaOM
Lockitron just caught my eye for a few reasons, but the main one is support for near-field communications or NFC. I already use the NFC chip in my Galaxy Nexus for wireless mobile payments and with the $295 Lockitron deadbolt system, I could wave my ...
See all stories on this topic »

GigaOM
Gemalto CEO predicts doubling of contactless card business
ATM marketplace.com (press release)
Amsterdam-based Gemalto, the inventor of smart card chips, believes it could soon double its near field communications chip business. Gemalto CEO Olivier Piou said in an interview in Paris that the company had the capacity to add 50 more contracts to ...
See all stories on this topic »



Disqus for ePayment News